Doctor Who, American Horror Story, and the 1920s

We watch both Doctor Who and American Horror Story in our house, so last night, when I watched the DW episode "Mummy on the Orient Express" I was immediately struck by something - Clara wears the same dress in DW as Nora does in AHS season 1!  

Nora in American Horror Story

Clara in Doctor Who


They may look a bit different because "the Vamp" a very sheer dress and the color of the slip shows through.  Nora has a light or gold color slip and Clara has a black slip under her dress.  

How do I know so much about this dress?  Because I own a different dress from the same company!  Leluxe specializes in luxurious beaded reproduction 1920s dresses.  Several were also used in the Artist including the "Tango" - which I own!

Comments

  1. Well I know clara's dress came from http://www.revival-retro.com/ as it was posted on their FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I only saw the dress the singer wore from that episode on their FB page, not Clara's dress. But I'm guessing, as they stock numerous other dresses from reproduction manufacturers like Stop Staring, that they may also stock Leluxe dresses at their store.

      Delete

Post a Comment